Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Ekta's Magic




Ekta Kapoor is like God to me, I have always admired the way she brought a revolution in Television Industry. Yes, it is the same industry which was once considered as a Waste of Time and a Launching Pad for the struggling actors.

I have followed Ekta's serials since my childhood, I remember HUM PAANCH of Zee TV, my first ever comedy show which I liked a lot, and without any complaints. My mom is fan of Hindi cinema's jumping jack Jeetendra a.k.a. Ravi Kapoor. When the name of Shobha Kapoor and Ekta Kapoor used to come under the credits of Hum Paanch, I asked my mom that who are they, she replied tht its her favourite actor's wife and daughter respectively.

Since then I came to know that Balaji Telefilms is run by Jeetendra and his daughter Ekta.

Ekta Kapoor created serials like ITIHAAS, which used to run on DD-1 during 1:00 PM, I saw this show during my school summer vacation for some time or so, and I became fan of Smita Bansal (currently she plays Mother-in-Law of Anandi in Balika Vadhu). I don't really remember that when did this serial go off-air, because I was too busy in praising my HUM PAANCH,in which for the first time Vidya Balan was seen on-screen as Radhika. Later on, this serial was taken off-air because Shri Adhikari Brothers launched their own comedy channel called as SAB TV, which ate away its TRP (Television Rating Points).

Then, a revolution came in Television Industry by the launch of Kaun Banega Crorepati and STAR PLUS became the number one channel.

During the same time, Ekta Kapoor started two new shows as a part of her experimentation which later become household names, of course , you know the names, Kyonki...Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, and Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki. During those days Tulsi and Parvati became like Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt of TV Industry. The thing that I like in Ekta's shows is the joint family system that she revived in Daily Soaps again. Infact she became the soap queen, her Shows were at top on charts and she earned huge amount of money.

Many Low Profile actors became huge names in few months.

I remember my favourite show Kasauti Zindagi Ki...., and I have always admired the character of Mr. BAJAJ, more than Prerna, I saw that show for Mr. Bajaj, which made Ronit Roy, Shahrukh Khan of TV Industry.

How can i not mention about Kutumb, a show on Sony which introduced the Best Jodi of TV, Hiten Tejwani and Gauri Pradhan, currently they are happily married couple and are a part of Balaji Telefilms.

I have always admired the positive things of her shows, I have seen Karan (Kyunki....) giving so much respect to Tulsi, that my mom always asks me to learn to respect your elders, and be a good boy like Karan, I always tell her, "Mom, its just a TV show", but somewhere deep in my heart I can't deny the fact that we should respect our elders, and they are showin it.

Ekta has seen many ups and downs in her career when her mega bugdet show MAHABHARATHA, didn't work out well, and the sudden termination of shows like Kyunki...and Kahani Ghar Ghar Ghar Ki after a long run for 8 years.But, Ekta is a women of strength, and she has always stressed on this fact via her shows that women are no longer weaker than men, and they can fight well and manage anything to save their family.

Currently, Ekta is back in action with her shows like Bandini, and Pavitra Rishta, which are non-K serials after a long time from her camp.

Ekta, I wish you all the best, please make more shows which will bring revolution in TV Industry again.

I am your Fan, and Thanks a lot for the awesome entertainment.

12 comments:

  1. I am the one of the Ekta kapoor's fan too.

    Cheers,
    Tang M Assa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a big fan of The teleserial but loved the kyonki's ;)

    But i was die hard fan of Dekh bhai dekh and Movers and shakers + Shriman Shrimathi...

    God damn it !! You have made me think about those shows :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Grumblings
    I will write a blog soon regarding comedy shows.
    Thnks for comments

    ReplyDelete
  4. am not major fan of ekta kapoor..but fact is she only brought huge relevation to television serials..

    i loved hum paanch!! and dekh bhai dekh!! :)

    ps - good start..keep blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. am not much of a soaps fan.. but i can see there wont be any fight for remote at ur home.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @sound-dreams
    thnk u so much for appreciation

    ReplyDelete
  7. @EdieTeddy
    we all watch same channel...he he

    ReplyDelete
  8. hum panch was my fav
    but i forgot tht it was ekta's

    ReplyDelete
  9. @sandy
    thnks a lot..even hum panch was ma favourite too, thts y i started with it....

    ReplyDelete
  10. good start nitin.... keep blogging... hum panch was really good... it was one of the few serials i watched... baaki i have no interests in daily soaps :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @aditya
    thanks for the appreciation aditya

    ReplyDelete

What is the Future Strategy of Volkswagen Group in India?

INTRODUCTION AND OVERVIEW OF COMPANY- The Volkswagen Group is headquartered in Wolfsburg; Germany is one of the leading automobile manufa...